Thursday, October 26, 2006

Back in action

All,

Sorry for not posting yesterday, just really busy here at the job and at home.

Funny thing happened last night. I worked about 11-12 hours and was coming home late, I guess it was about 19:30, and noticed a huge pile of wood in our shared driveway. This pile was just gigantic and had obviously been dumped in the middle of the drive by a large dump truck.

I parked and went in to tell my wife and discuss my plan. We have a nice wood stove and I thought this a golden opportunity to get some free wood from the neighbor; I mean, hey it is a shared driveway and all.

We normally order wood in mid to late November so I was sure it was for the folks next-door. So, I was in the house telling my wife, "Hey I think I'll grab a couple of pieces of wood and we'll have a cozy fire for when the kids are in bed, we can relax and watch some TV together".

Susi, my wife, just smiled and with the same insider whisper I had used said “Chris, please be sure to get the wood stacked behind our house tonight, before the neighbors get angry with us.” With a grin she walked away.

Arrggh, so here I am in my business suit and it is around 8pm. I have been up since 06:30 and working since 07:30 and I have to move a chord of wood 30 meters from the front to the back of the house.

Well you can imagine my reaction.

I changed my clothes and started moving the damn wood!

:-)

FW

No comments: